YOUR OPEN DOOR TO AFFORDABLE HOME CONSTRUCTION
Since 1982 HPM’s Home Design Consultants have helped literally thousands of Big Island homeowners through the maze of decisions that stood between their dreams and the reality of a new home. We can do it for you, too. Our pre-designed homes come in an array of sizes and layouts to fit almost any family. No matter how large your family or what your lifestyle, we have a design for you.
You’ll find basic information about each of our home models here on this site. For additional information about the models, as well as important information about how we can help you through the design and construction process, please contact one of HPM’s Home Design Centers or fill out a Request Information form to have additional information sent to you.
Congratulations on taking the first steps toward becoming a homeowner, we look forward to helping you along the way!
Why a pre-designed home from HPM?
Our Home Package Designs are much more affordable and less complicated to build, yet they can be customized to suit a homeowner’s individual tastes and needs. And you can have confidence in HPM’s designs. The available plans are proven, with literally thousands built on the Big Island over the past 30 years. Each features high-quality materials such as 5-ply exterior siding, dual-glazed vinyl windows, 26-gauge Metal Roofing, all-wood Cabinetry, – all for a packaged price that saves thousands off the cost of purchasing similar features piecemeal.
- Framing – Hi-bor pressure-treated full-length framing Lumber (pre-engineered Wall Panels are also available), doug fir 5-ply plywood Siding, pilar blocks (for post & pier), pre-constructed Roof Trusses, pre-painted 26-gauge Zincalume Metal Roofing, pre-hung fiberglass exterior doors, Milgard Low-e dual-glazed white vinyl windows, electric meter socket, main breaker and load center, foundation hardware
- Interior – Drywall materials, Masonite pre-hung interior swing doors, Schlage locksets, Design House lighting fixtures, flush mahagony closet doors
- Bath – American Standard plumbing fixtures, Sterling shower enclosures, pre-finished Huntwood or Bellmont all-wood Cabinets with post-formed Wilsonart laminate Countertops
- Kitchen – Stainless steel double-compartment sink, In-Sink-Erator garbage disposal, pre-finished Huntwood or Bellmont all-wood Cabinets with post-formed Wilsonart laminate Countertops, NuTone stainless steel range hood (on applicable models)
- Laundry – Solar water heater or tankless water heater, laundry tray with faucet
- Finish – Quality interior and exterior primer and finish paints, floor covering throughout including carpeting and sheet vinyl (with installation via third party), garage door (on applicable models, installation not included)
Please inquire about the numerous available upgrade options. (Note that materials provided for packages built on Oahu, Maui County and Kauai may differ. Please contact us for details.)
What’s NOT Included:
- Termite ground treatment as required for Hi-bor warranty
- Concrete for slab foundation models (house and garage) or footings for post & pier models
- Plumbing and electrical rough-in materials including cesspool/septic tank, sewer pipes, water pipes and fittings, electrical wiring and circuit breakers
- Construction management and labor are not included. HPM’s Home Design Consultants can help coordinate solicitation of bids from reputable licensed general and sub-contractors. Labor costs are dependent on the contractor. A great place to start the search for a local, licensed professional builder for your project is our HPM Better Builder Directory.
- HPM’s home designs are package offerings meant to appeal to a broad range of customer tastes and needs. While modifications to our basic plans are available to suit individual tastes, additional or upgraded building material selections often increase the base cost of a package. Depending on the scope of the modifications, additional drafting fees may be incurred and new material lists required. Additional fees for these services and for the modifications themselves are the responsibility of the customer. However, customers will find HPM’s prices, even with additions, to be very competitive.